Acupuncture is a health science used to treat pain, dysfunction, and many other conditions in the body. It began in China thousands of years ago and is one of the oldest known healing arts in the world today. Acupuncture helps balance and restore natural energy flow in the body allowing the body to heal better, along with stimulating the body to release natural pain killers to decrease pain and calm the nervous system. We have found that when we combine chiropractic with acupuncture treatments, 95% of people get improvement with our specialized combination.
Acupuncture is one of the most widely sought after natural treatments for physical ailments including: back conditions, joint pains, headaches, to chronic conditions, and even substance addiction. At Dopps Chiropractic & Acupuncture we offer two different primary treatment options in acupuncture. The first, is the traditional form which involves placing micro-fine needles in carefully mapped points on the body. Our second option is a more modern approach using a non-needle technique that involves using electrical pulses to strategically treat selected points on the body. Both treatment types are equally effective, but the non-needle approach can be performed in less time. Dr. Matt Dopps is professionally trained and certified to perform acupuncture. Dr. Dopps will be the doctor directly examining and treating you when you come in for care. Call today to reserve a time. (316) 265-1575
Some Benefits of Acupuncture Include:
• Pain Relief: Acupuncture is often sought for its analgesic effects. It may help alleviate acute and chronic pain conditions, such as headaches, back pain, arthritis, and musculoskeletal injuries.
• Stress Reduction: Acupuncture is known for its ability to promote relaxation and reduce stress. It can help balance the nervous system, release endorphins (natural pain-relieving substances), and improve overall emotional well-being.
• Enhanced Energy and Vitality: Acupuncture is believed to improve the flow of Qi, which can result in increased energy levels, enhanced vitality, and improved overall resilience.
• Improved Sleep: Many individuals report better sleep quality and reduced insomnia symptoms after receiving acupuncture treatments.
• Support for Mental and Emotional Health: Acupuncture can be beneficial for managing conditions such as anxiety, depression, and mood disorders. It can also help regulate neurotransmitters and promote emotional balance.
• Digestive Health: Acupuncture can assist in improving digestion, reducing symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders, and promoting better nutrient absorption.
• Support for Women's Health: Acupuncture is commonly used to address women's health issues, including menstrual irregularities, fertility concerns, pregnancy discomfort, and menopause symptoms.
The National Institute of Health [NIH] and the World Health Organization [WHO] endorse acupuncture’s effectiveness for many ailments, including:
Dopps Chiropractic & Acupuncture